Visit to Unwind Craft Cafe – Vlog Episode 11

This week on the farm I talk about finally getting some rain! Then I venture out to unwind craft cafe to talk about my hand dyed yarn and share some ideas for single skein projects.

Links to things I talk about:
6 seasons:
Unwind Craft Cafe:
Bloom Shawl motif:
Pincha Shawl:
Pimpelliese Shawl:

Beeswax Wraps – Vlog Episode 10

This week I show you how I made beeswax wraps, with wax from our own hive. I also talk a little about what is happening behind the scenes in my yarn dyeing business.

Beeswax Wraps:
Unwind Craft Cafe:
My go to for wordpress tutorials: WP Crafter –
Business Support: Thriver Circle –


Zero Food Waste – Vlog episode 9

This week I talk about zero food waste on the farm, and show you my sock knitting.

Links to things I talk about:

Study on Australian food waste:
Community composting:
My finished bed socks:
Fish Lips Kiss Heel pattern:
Zealana Cozi yarn:
Wangaratta Woolen Mills:

Vlog Episode 8 – 5000 Poppies

This week I give a quick farm update and then dive into showing you my knitting – which includes the jumper I wear in the episode, my current WIP and poppies for the 5000 Poppies Project.

Links to things I talk about:
– The Arleen Jumper I’m wearing:
– Quiet Stars:
– 5000 poppies: and the pattern I used is pattern D here:

Intro music created at Jukedeck, all other music courtesy of YouTube.

There are 6 seasons – Vlog Episode 7

This week I talk about the 6 seasons of the Wurundjeri tribe, the original inhabitants of this land. I pick apples and make apple butter, we get our first small herd of cows, we experience varying weather events and you get to see just how empty our large dam is.

Links for more information:
Kulin Nation/Wurundjeri Seasons:


Apple butter recipe:

Farm Views – Vlog Episode 6

This week I introduce you to my dog Wade. I show you a different view of the farm and compare it to a painting by my uncle he painted in 1974. I do all of the chores by myself and I re-open my Etsy store (with some vintage patterns).

Finding Community – Vlog Episode 5

In this episode I talk about finding my community – both locally and in farming as well as in business and online. I also show footage of a walk around the farm, give an update on the air guns from the winery, show off my new hair do and show my time at the Seymour Alternative Farming Expo and the Healesville Health Hub open day.

Other people/things I mention in this episode:
The Thriver Circle:
My hairdresser: @hair_fionanicole on instagram

Intro music created at Jukedeck, all other music courtesy of YouTube.

Vlog Episode 4

This week we use the old tractor to slash blackberries and clear undergrowth. We also cut down some dead trees, we get some rain, and you get to meet Nasi close up.

I spent some time dyeing yarn this week and also released my cowl neck poncho pattern.

Link to my cowl neck poncho pattern