WHY PASSIONED FLOWER?
1. I love purple and green and how they look together
2. I love passionfruit and the flower is an amazing and intricate beauty
3. I have a passion for all crafts, but especially for knitting
4. The origins of my name (Rosalyn) refer to beautiful rose (hence flower)
5. I want to inspire and provide fuel for the passion of other crafters through my yarns
Please share your creations with me by tagging them on Instagram with #passionedflower or tagging me @passionedflower. You can also find me on Ravelry as Kaner.
My name is Ros, I live in a leafy outer suburb of Melbourne, Australia with my ultra-marathon running husband (Trail’n’Ales) and chi-terrier cross, Wade.
We live a relatively simple, quiet life. I have an office job that keeps me very busy, but in my spare time I am out in the garden, sitting on the couch knitting, or playing in the dye pots. Since a dear friend of mine lost her battle with cancer in 2014 I have had a real urge to be more creative, be at work less, spend more time with family and do things that make me truly happy.
I have been a knitter for many years (on Ravelry you can find me as Kaner) and dabbled in crochet, both of these have been wonderful creative outlets. But it was not until I began dyeing yarn at the beginning of 2015 that I found my true creative passion. I have added significantly to my stash with my new creations, dyeing more than I am able to knit.
To sustain such a habit and work towards that dream of doing things that make me happy I have decided to share my creations with all of you. This way I get the pleasure of dyeing yarn, creating new colourways and then seeing you make something amazing.